Friday, April 3, 2015

C is for Casanova - My Romantic Lead

Simply hearing the name Casanova evokes romance for me, despite the man’s association with womanizing. Perhaps I like to think the women enjoyed themselves more than were hurt by his promiscuity.

Whatever my reasoning, an OC of mine shares that moniker, at least on official documents. In daily life, James Casanova Smith goes simply by Jimmy. There are exceptions, however.

This romance first took shape in November of 2013 while I took the National Novel Writing Month challenge. Then the story fell apart before I wrote an ending. Somehow, life intervened and I never really got back to these guys.

With plans to rectify that, I must say that some story ideas came to mind in the process of typing this. That strikes me as a good sign.

Meanwhile, April in the northern hemisphere means we are gearing up for summer while countless friends south of the equator are battening down their hatches for winter. Which is it for you? And what is your favorite season? For me, it’s autumn all the way.

-

6 comments:

  1. Hi Darla, glad more ideas are coming your way re the novel! May the pen continue to scribe!

    We're not exactly battening down the hatches here in South Africa - yet. The days are lively and warm. By the way, the moon is full and I believe there's to be a blood red tomorrow night - ideal for the Casanova's and their sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan. And you are so right about the blood moon. That's a whole other inspiration for me. ~grin~ Too bad I'm on the wrong part of the continent for a full view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't wait to read more about Jimmy! What a cool character name.

    My favorite season is hard to pinpoint, because I enjoy them all. I grew up on the west coast, where we don't have change of seasons like we do here in the Midwest; I've thoroughly enjoyed the switch. I will say it's awfully fast - by the time I get used to one kind of weather, it's WOOSH! on to the next season and totally different weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true about the seasons. We have a saying in Ohio (though probably not exclusive to the region): If you don't like the weather, wait fifteen minutes. ~grin~

      Thanks for the kind encouragement!

      Delete
  4. I love how his name just seems to flow off the tongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What a kind compliment from a gifted writer.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!