Friday, April 7, 2017

F is for Fitz & the Tantrums


I have heard Fitz and the Tantrums on other stations, but not their song “HandClap”. Their neo pop and indie soul stylings shine in the 2016 single. It makes me want to dance like crazy. I am reminded of the fabulous “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars.

 

My phony group? Falling Faster. This five piece group performs post punk revival alternative tunes much like She Wants Revenge. The lyrics are heavily romantic yet fatalistic, their name implying a tendency to fall in love ever more quickly with each failed relationship.

 

-
As previously mentioned, all the real tunes air on member supported WNKU out of the University of Northern Kentucky. Anyone interested can find the website here. The web page features the current playlist and live streaming.

12 comments:

  1. HandClap is great - I love the video! Between you and me, I actually got out of my chair and did a bit of dad-dancing!

    The Fish Inn, Amble Bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Wish I could have seen that. Happy writing, my friend.

      Delete
  2. Great video. Thanks for sharing. Makes you want to move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that so true? So glad you enjoyed it, Pam. Be well!

      Delete
  3. Wow. Way to start the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am learning a lot of new music with this challenge, nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Awesome! That makes me smile. Thanks for listening.

      Delete
  6. "HandClap" gets lots of radio airplay around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Thanks for sharing, Liz. I really enjoy reading your blog, just to let visiting folks know. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!