Friday, April 28, 2017

X is for XTC



The XTC song “Making Plans for Nigel” is really fun. The video is flat-out creepy. I’m amazed I never heard of XTC until recently. I’m glad to have found them.


Today’s fake artist is Xena, named for the fictional warrior princess. With a heavy saxophone sound, they remind me of Michael Stanley Band. Those guys performed in my neck of the woods growing up. I miss snuggling with my lover at Front Row Theatre during the ballad "Lover". By the way, that's Kevin Raleigh singing for MSB here, not Mr. Stanley himself.


-
All the real tunes air on member supported WNKU out of the University of Northern Kentucky. The web page features the current playlist and live streaming.

10 comments:

  1. Great choice for X, I love this song! Never seen the video before though, interesting one. Didn't know the second song but I love a bit of sax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nick. I'm glad you enjoyed the tune. Sad to say, The Michael Stanley Band only had one national hit and never really broke out of the Cleveland Ohio USA market. Be well!

      Delete
  2. Great job all the way through the ABCs! We almost name it! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same to you, my dear. This is always fun.

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, XTC. Teenage memories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued. ~grin~ Seriously, I'm wondering how I've missed them all these years.

      Delete
  4. Very interesting, the video looks psychadelic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? Thank you, my dear, for visiting with a kind comment. Be well!

      Delete
  5. Well, I am a bit surprised you never heard of XTC, too. *wow* You come up with many I have never heard of. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back, my dear. It's always nice to find a comment from you.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!